Friday, March 30, 2012

Princess

As I said in a previous post about how every King needs a Champion; well the same could be said about every kingdom needing a Princess. You may notice that she is a lot taller in the final image than from the rough line drawing. I decided to make this change because I wanted her to feel and look more like a young woman instead of a child. I think it also makes her seem more regal and elegant. I had a lot of fun creating this piece. I especially enjoyed designing and painting her long, wavy hair. I wanted the hair to be more fun and whimsical.
I hope you all enjoy this piece.
Thanks for stopping by:)


Final Image



Colour Palette



Rough Line Drawing



Early Concept / Exploration Character Sketches



11 comments:

  1. hey she is really pretty...love her dress too...if you dont mind me asking what software do you use to colour in your characters coz they look so full of life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words Amanda:) I use photoshop to draw and paint my characters.

      Delete
    2. your welcome... i really like your work.. oh photoshop only...cool i should try harder to get my designe to your standard now coz i use that too!

      Delete
  2. very nice princess! I love this disney like princess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words:) Glad you liked it!

      Delete
  3. thank you for dropping by, really interesting character work you got here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is great! love the rendering

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikolas! Coming from a great designer like yourself that means a lot!

      Delete
  5. great treatment on her hair and dress in particular!

    ReplyDelete