Friday, March 23, 2012

The King's Champion

In keeping with my prior post; here is another character from that same time period. Every king needs a champion. I wanted to borrow from the colours I used in the king's coat for the champion's tunic. I thought that this would help show that he is of the same kingdom. I had a lot of fun designing and painting this character. I hope you all enjoy it too.
Thanks for stopping by:)


Final Image



Colour Palette



Rough Line Drawing



Early Concept / Exploration Character Sketches



5 comments:

  1. WOW!!! This last characters are amazing!!!

    Sure you can do it a awesome interpretation for The Game of Thrones!!!
    There are a lot of tribute in internet but with your style will be amazing!

    People likes a lot (me too) that novel and If you do good interpretation sure your blog will get popularity!

    Best regards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good character! You've a very good style! I'd like to keep contact with you! I'll follow your drawings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Beatriz: Thanks for the nice words! Ithink I will definitely at some point do a Game of Thrones tribute style piece. There are so many amazing characters to work with...it should be lots of fun!

    @ Amanda: Thanks for the nice comment. I'm glad you like how he turned out. I wasn't sure at first if the stubble facial hair would suit him...I'm glad I went with it...helps mature and age him a bit.

    @ estevaolucas: Thanks for the nice feedback. Also thanks for visiting and following my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really did suit him...he looks really good!

      Delete