Saturday, March 17, 2012

King

This piece was inspired based on my enjoyment of period themed television shows such as The Tudors, Rome, Camelot and Game of Thrones. The design work and attention to detail that is given to the costumes, props and sets etc. in those shows really helps draw you in, making you start to believe the world you're watching is real.
I had a blast designing and painting this character so much that I look forward to designing more characters that would fit into this world. I hope you all enjoy it.
Thanks for stopping by:)


Final Image



Colour Palette



Rough Line Drawing



Early Concept / Exploration Character Sketches



12 comments:

  1. this is really nice!! I like it!! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Outstanding man! You infuse all of these characters with such personality with only a single image!

      Delete
  2. Hey guys, thank you all for the nice comments! I'm glad you all enjoyed this character:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this character design a lot! It's nice to see your exploration sketches as well!

      Delete
    2. Thanks a lot Amber! Glad you liked it:)

      Delete
  3. You're so lucky to study at Sheridan!!!
    I planned going there, but I don't think there is time for me anymore! D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's never too late Carol:) Yeah, Sheridan was an awesome experience...I learned a ton there...great and super talented classmates too. I suspect the program is a lot different now from when I graduated (2004)...the 3D invasion lol

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Beatriz! So glad you liked it:)

      Delete
  5. I like how you show your progress. Very interesting and your characters are so much fun Ü

    ReplyDelete